Sunday, January 27, 2013

Slumber Parties, Secrets, and Smoking Cessation

I laid down with Schatz for a few minutes while putting her to bed last night.  She was pretty delighted with this rare treat.

Schatz:  It's like we're having a slumber party!

Me:  Yep.  It's just like a slumber party, but I'm only laying here for a few minutes*.

Schatz:  Let's play slumber party.

Me: Okay.  Do you want to lay here and tell secrets?

Schatz: You first.

Me (pausing to think of something a five year old would find scandalous) : I ate the last slice of pineapple at dinner while you weren't looking.  Do you have any secrets?

Schatz (with the most solemn look on her face):  I caught Daddy sneaking a cigarette** yesterday.


*I actually fell asleep before she did.

**Roger's in the process of quitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment