Friday, January 27, 2012

Creepy Mommy, Part 2

Usually I have to ask Schatz fifteen times what she wants for breakfast. She's ignoring me and I'm multi-tasking. Getting ready in the morning takes all morning. At the suggestion of a friend, I decided to try giving her my full attention instead of putting on the tea, listening to the radio, and writing a grocery list while fixing her breakfast.

I rested my elbows on the table, put my chin in my hands, and looked her straight in the eye.

Me: What would you like for breakfast this morning.

Schatz: What do we have?

Me: We have oatmeal, Trix, or toast.

Schatz: hmmmmm

I just waited and continued to make eye contact.

Schatz (after about 10 seconds): Trix. Ummmm, Mommy? Could you stop looking at me? You are creeping me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment