Saturday, October 9, 2010

Seatbelts and Consequences

Schatz likes to wiggle her arms out of the straps of her carseat.

Me: Put your seatbelt back on. (She puts her arms back in the straps. I tug the clasp back up to her chest.)

five minutes later

Me: Put your seatbelt back on. If you take off your seatbelt again I'm going to take away your treat. (She puts her arms back in the straps. I tug the clasp back up to her chest.)

five minutes later

Me: Put your seatbelt back on. Give me your treat.

Schatz: No, no, I'm sorry! I'll put my seatbelt on.

Me: Sorry. These are the consequences. Treat.

(She hands me the treat. She puts her arms back in the straps. I tug the clasp back up to her chest.)

Schatz: I'm sorry, Mommy. I have my treat?

Me: No, you took off your seatbelt. We'll try again next time.

Schatz: Yeah. Maybe next time I'll leave my seatbelt on.

No comments:

Post a Comment