Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Darn. I was hoping that was a stress dream...

...like the one where I'm giving a speech in Mrs. Neal's class and realize I'm not wearing any clothes. Nope, I actually said that out loud. Below is a short collection of things that I can't believe I said to one child or the other....this week.


"Because I don't think children should be questioned by the police without their parents. If he comes over here to get your side of the story, come get me or your father."
(Maura witnessed a fight at school and the police were called.)

***

"No, Schatz, it's private. I am not going to tell you if I'm going pee pee or poopie. It's not your business."

***

"SCHATZ! You are not allowed to peek under that door. We are in public and that nice lady needs her privacy." (In the Lowe's bathroom)

***

"If you have to preface the statement with 'not to be rude or anything' then you need to keep that statement to yourself."

***

"Saying 'no offense' does not make what you are about to say any less offensive."

***

After apologizing to the lady in the stall: "Kaitlyn, that is private. We don't ask strangers if they are going pee pee or poopie. It's private." (McDonald's Bathroom, but a reoccurring theme for this week)

No comments:

Post a Comment