Wednesday, June 6, 2012

How I Tricked My Chld into Going to Sleep

It's summer and my kids do not want to sleep...which makes for some cranky kids (and a frustrated Mommy).  Last night, Schatz got really quiet, so immediately I knew she must be up to something.  I went to go check on her and she was laying in bed quietly with her arm in this PT belt.  I tiptoed closer to see if (gasp!) she was asleep...

Schatz (looking up at me): What are you doing in here, Mommy?

Me (pointing to her homemade traction):  That's really cute.  If you were asleep I was going to get my camera and take a picture.

Schatz:  Go get your camera and I will close my eyes like this (demonstrates) and be asleep.

Me: No, that's cheating.  If your arm is still in the sling when you fall asleep I'll take a picture.

Schatz:  Okay. I'm on it.

Ummmm...who is this child?  I'm on it?  Wouldn't you know...she closed her eyes and tried really hard to fall asleep (with her arm in traction)...five minutes later:

No comments:

Post a Comment