Friday, September 21, 2012

Relax.

This is actual email correspondence between myself and Maura's new teacher.  It hit my funny bone because I didn't think there was anything particularly uptight about my email.  I thought it was a friendly inquiry.  This is Maura's first time attending a foreign school.  I was told by one of Maura's classmate's parents that this was the typical "Australian" response to a typical "American" parent.  I found it an amusing illustration of how Americans are perceived overseas.

Dear Mr. D---

I just wanted to touch base with you.  Maura has been in your class for about two weeks now.  How is she doing?  Please let me know if there is anything that I can be doing with her at home to help her succeed in your class.

I really enjoyed the Greek plays this morning.  The kids did a great job!

Jamie D---

His response:

Hi Jamie,
 
Relax. Maura is doing well in class, she has made some good friends already and she is not afraid to have a go which is good to see.
 
Marcus D---

 
 

2 comments:

  1. "No worries mate" isn't just a phrase, it's a state of mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roger laughed and laughed when I showed him the email!

      Delete