Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Out of the Mouths of Babes

It's been a miserable last couple of weeks. It's SO HOT and everybody is irritable, plus the girls are spending their free time picking on each other, teasing each other, and trying to finish driving me crazy. You would think that with school starting things would calm down, but I've been spending most of my afternoons and weekends saying:

"Stop touching your sister."

"Kaitlyn, stop repeating everything Maura says."

and

"Maura, putting your finger in front of her face and saying, 'Not touching, Can't be mad' IS teasing. Please stop."

If you have kids, I'm sure you can imagine. (If you don't have kids, I'm sure reading my blog reminds you to refill your contraception prescriptions.) After a particularly rough evening, I was sending the girls to bed early (to preserve their lives) when this happened:

Schatz (while spontaneously hugging Maura): Maura, you are the best sister in the whole wide world.

Maura (to me): You know, Mom, Schatz can really be a pain, but then she does something like this and it's all worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment