Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Angels and Blessings

We were walking past the Newsagent today...

Schatz: Hey, do you remember when I found all that money that time and gave it to the lady [behind the register]?

Mom:  I remember that.

Schatz:  I didn't know she was going to put the money in a purple bag.  I thought she was going to tell me I could keep it.

Mom: I know sweetie, but someone had just dropped that money.  They might have come back looking for it.  You did a sweet thing turning the money in.

Schatz:  Do you think that person ever found their money?

Mom:  Yes, I know they did.  I asked the last time I passed this shop.

Schatz (gasps):  Oh!  Does this means I was their angel that day?

Mom:  Yes, sweetheart.  That was a lot of money.  I think you were truly a blessing to her.

Schatz (dreamily): That makes my heart super happy, Mommy.

Mom: Me, too.

1 comment: