Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I Didn't See That Coming

I was giving Kaitlyn a bath.  Maura was sitting on the side of the tub talking to me.

Maura:  When Kaitlyn is done, can I have a bath, too?

Me: Sure.

Maura: Can I have my own water?

I shoot Maura a puzzled look.

Maura:  Or do I have to use Kaitlyn's water?

Me:  I think we can manage a new tub full of water. 

Maura:  Well, Laura Ingalls had to use Mary's water.  She didn't get her own water.

Me:  True, but we've got indoor plumping so I think we'll be okay.

Maura....nothing.

Me:  What I mean is that you can totally have your own bath water...unless you want Kaitlyn's water. 

Maura (in THAT tone that means she's heard this before):  I know....I know....We don't live in the 1800's.  We have indoor plumping. Blah, blah, blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment